CALL FOR PAPERS
for presentation at
The International Seminar on Double Layer Capacitors
& Hybrid Energy Storage Devices
Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Resort
Dr. Nikola Marincic
Redox Engineering, LLC
Tel. 617-962-7650 Fax 781-329-2609
This, the original supercapacitor seminar, which was started as an annual event in 1990, will be focused on the continuing progress in the development of electrochemical capacitors and hybrid energy storage devices. The topic for the papers submitted include:
The following format shall be utilized for papers being included in the Proceedings book:
· Microsoft Word, PowerPoint or Adobe pdf formats only (Note: single PowerPoint slides preferred to a pdf copy as they may need to be manipulated for the Proceedings book.)
· Utilize standard Windows Latin type fonts throughout the paper – Do not use any 2-byte or double-byte fonts (Japanese and Chinese characters) as the data will not be displayed if these fonts are used.
· File size should normally not exceed 1MB, with the exception of PowerPoint formatted papers.
· PowerPoint formatted papers shall not include elaborate backgrounds that increase file size beyond 10MB (less than 5MB is suggested)
· No security locks on the papers, as they will be reformatted to a pdf format for printing and inclusion on a CD as a single document
· Page size - 8 ½ by 11 inches (No A4 or similar page formats shall be used, as print material may be truncated.)
· Margins: top and bottom - not less than ½ inch, including any header or footer information; sides - not less than ¾ inch
· Paper length of no more than 15 pages is suggested
· Pages should be numbered within the print area and not in the margin areas
· Figures (charts, pictures, etc.) placed not less than 2 to a page is suggested
· Color pictures, text and charts will be printed as black and white (grayscale) in the Proceedings book and in color in the Proceedings CD
· Presentation of papers should be developed for a 30 minute time period, including a short question and answer period
· Papers will be presented to an English speaking audience
Timetable for papers:
Submission of presentations:
Presentations that are different from the papers submitted should be sent to us as an attachment to an e-mail no later than one week prior to the seminar or provided at the seminar prior to the presentation on a memory stick or CD for downloading to the computer being used for projection. All computer projected presentations will be made utilizing the files downloaded to a computer supplied by Redox Engineering. These presentations will be collated into a single pdf file soon after the seminar and made available for download to those who purchased a Proceedings CD. Both files will be included in CDs sold following the seminar.
Any questions concerning formatting of papers or presentations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.